Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Days 1-2

We received our toolkits on Monday and spent the first part of the day organizing our benches where we will be spending the next year.

First project: The filing block

For this project you need to take a piece of square hardwood stock which is appx. 24mm square and reduce it to 20mm square.  Then once this is accomplished you follow a blueprint and apply angles, grooves and slots to the piece.  It proved to be good filing and sawing experience. 

It took me a total of 3 tries to get a block that was passable and I could turn in.  In the end I think mine turned out quite well.  I guess I'll know when it is scored and returned.

A shot of my block in progress of being filed and sanded to size. 

A picture of the completed product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment